Post Operative Orders
- Depending on the extensiveness of your surgery, the physician may require post-operatively an:
- ACL brace
- Immobilizer with an ace dressing
- Weight bearing with two crutches as tolerated, with the brace or immobilizer on.
- During the first 48 hours, you should elevate your leg above your heart.
- Keep brace locked at original setting. Do not change.
- You may exercise by doing the following:
- Ankle Pumps – Pumping your ankle up and down with brace on.
- Straight Leg Raises – Lifting your entire leg straight up and down with the brace on.
- Quad Sets – Tighten muscles on top of thigh by pushing knees down onto bed.
- You may ice your knee/leg, 20 minutes on/20 minutes off. Do not apply ice directly to your skin.
- Do not remove dressing, brace or immobilizer until your post-op visit. KEEP CLEAN AND DRY.
- Take your pain medication as directed by the physician.
- Call the office to schedule your post-op visit within 2 days of your surgery. The time frame of this appointment is very important!