Keep in place unless instructed otherwise. Keep clean and dry. Do not remove.
Change dressing as instructed - per physician's instructions.
- Take as directed
- Do not take pain medication on an empty stomach.
- Take with water or ginger ale, and dry toast or crackers. (No fruit juices, colas or milk).
- Continue diet and medication as directed by your physician (PCP).
- No showering until staples/stitches are removed.
- May shower only (NO TUB BATHS). Do not let shower spray directly hit incision.
Contact our office if you experience
- Chills or fever above 101.0
- Excessive pain not relieved by pain medication
- Unusual redness, swelling or drainage
- See additional sheets for at home recommendations.
- Call the office to schedule a post-op visit within 2 weeks of your surgery, or sooner.
You may find more information on spine surgery/back and neck pain at